February 2, 2011

Abuelito


I met my Abuelito (grandpa) when I was 20 year old. Well he was a big part of my life when I was little and live in his house. Then my family moved to the U.S. and he stayed behind, as he says "The last time I saw you....you were wearing a diaper!".

We went back to Mexico after 18 years of not being home. I could not remember anyone in the family other than one person....My godfather it was like this lost love with him. I have so many memories of him. Then I see this little man walking down the driveway looking our way. At this time a lot of the family was outside greeting us, so he comes down and couldn't remember who his daughter (my mom) was. So he just stood by and listen to us cry, hug, cry and telling each other how much we have missed each other. Then my godparents take us inside their house everyone but my mom and grandpa go inside. After 20 minutes they came inside the house and I am sitting right by the door, so he stop and hugs me....Telling me that he loves me and couldn't remember who I was at first since the last time he saw me I was wearing a diaper! :) But after talking to my mom he knew who I was and couldn't believe that we were actually there. I started to cry again because it really touch my heart to actually know what it feels like to be hugged by a grandpa. To be told that you're loved by a grandpa. I didn't grow up with grandparents a lot of my very good friends had them and would tell me stories about them while I just wished upon a start to meet my grandpa one day. I will always remember that day that I met him and how it was so nice to actually hold him in my arms. I made a promise to him that I would come out to visit him every year since then. Well I already broke that promise because I got married HA HA.....no I got married last year and couldn't make it out there. But I will make sure I make it out there this year.

I have heard many stories about my grandpa and I was so excited to meet him so when it actually happen it was like I had never left him before. He just kept holding me and telling me that I was just like my mom and he loved me. I am looking forward to what this year will bring because I really want to see him again. I LOVE YOU ABUELITO!!!